Project Manager / Business Analyst is required by one of the most prestigeous Investment Management firms. This role sits within a Business Change group managing projects from Front to middle and back office.
This is a business-side, strategic Project Management/Business Analysis role covering change across the global International Funds Group.
The firm is a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help their clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, they work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. They value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
This group sits at the heart of the orgainisation and covers a range of activities that allows team members to interact with a number of other internal teams as well as external clients, vendors, and industry experts. As such, this role will allow the candidate to gain broad exposure to the workings of the business.
- Working with business sponsors to identify, develop and pitch the business case for making and prioritizing strategic changes
- Owning and leading projects through to completion
- Developing and maintaining detailed project plans and other project tracking documents
- Analyzing and understanding detailed business functions across the firm, becoming a subject matter expert for the duration of the project
- Ensuring projects are delivered with efficiency and within budget, whilst effectively controlling and mitigating risks
- Concurrently managing multiple large and small scale changes through to completion
- Managing large teams spread across multiple areas of the firm to ensure coordination towards project goals
- Developing detailed operational or technical specifications for process change or system development
- Managing and organizing complex data, processes and systems to identify structural efficiencies, risks etc.
- Managing vendors where projects have an external firm component
- Ongoing review and maintenance of internal processes and procedures with a view to increasing automation, scalability, and outsourcing of tasks to external vendors with appropriate controls and cost efficiencies
- Provision of management/sponsor reporting, and information for ad-hoc management requests.
- Bachelor's degree with good academic record or equivalent gained through relevant work experience
- Professional experience leading and participating in large projects
- Experience with business process improvement and business process design
- Technology background not required but must demonstrate familiarity with different technologies (data flows, databases, logic, file layouts, communication protocols, etc.)
- Must work well in a team but also exhibit strong leadership capabilities in order to help drive solutions to complex issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills - both written and oral - having the ability to explain complex, technical issues to colleagues and the broader business in such a manner that each can understand.
- Demonstrate experience in both projects with a technology (e.g new system development) component and projects with no technology component (e.g vendor outsourcing, business process reengineering etc.)
- Attention to detail but also have the ability to see the bigger picture and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrate strong technical skills required for the role, pay attention to detail, take initiative to broaden knowledge and demonstrate appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Successfully handle multiple tasks, take initiative to improve his/her own performance, work intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persist in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients (internal and external). Help the client to identify/define needs and manage client/business expectations
- Think ahead, anticipate questions, plan for contingencies, find alternative solutions and identify clear objectives. See the big picture and effectively analyze complex issues
- Look for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Present sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Take a position on issues, influencing others' opinions and presenting persuasive recommendations
- Experience in the banking/asset management industry
- Project Management certification (Prince 2/PMI) is a plus
- Knowledge of mutual/alternative funds and related operations
- Mathematical, Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Background in Consultancy also considered
- Advanced skills in Project/Analysis applications (Excel, Project, Visio, Access) is advantageous