Up to £550000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Assertive, independent thinker, combining strategic vision and pragmatic delivery capabilities.
- Lateral thinker, able to understand the impact of actions. Adopts an innovative approach to find and propose alternative solutions when standard procedures prove to be ineffective.
- Confident communicator (verbal and written) at all levels, including strong customer, client liaison and including third parties.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in identification of the initial requirement, through the complete life cycle, within tight deadlines
- Ability to convert client requirements into viable practical systems solutions
- Proficient in projecting and maintaining a professional image to clients and third parties
- Able to adapt well to different work roles and different functional areas, including working as part of a team or individually
- Use questioning techniques to get to the root cause and allow requirements to be built out from this point ensuring that you avoid assumptions
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and analysis techniques
- Experience of producing reporting specifications
- Experience of producing ETL functional specifications
- 3-5 years (or equivalent) experience in Business Analysis
- Extensive experience in a Business change/transformation role
- Good understanding of IT systems and the role of a developer although no specific application / software / programming or development knowledge is required.
- Hands-on experience implementing large scale data warehouse and BI solutions preferred
- Experience of using data quality and data cleansing technologies and strategies
- Data manipulation & macro-writing in MS Excel
- SQL Server T-SQL, Reporting and Analysis Services experience would be highly beneficial
- IBM Infosphere Fast Track experience would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of London market underwriting systems, especially SBS Eclipse, IRIS and Genius would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Insurance accounting and the impacts of Solvency II
- Flexibility to travel and work in different locations from time to time
- Experience across different Lines of Business or Business areas, London Market would be beneficial.
- CII Certificate or Diploma
To work with the business to drive forward the change agenda. Perform the requirements gathering and business analysis to ensure that change projects meet their defined goals. Although this role is aligned with IT it isn't an IT role. This role will be assigned primarily to work within the Business Intelligence function.
- Support the Business in identifying and communicating change initiatives
- Support and produce Business Case and associated project documentation as required.
- Act as a bridge between the Business and IT Developers
- Elicit, analyse and document business requirements (in the media required which could be user stories, Use Cases or BRD)
- Define requirements while understanding and communicating the impact of the change
- Communicate requirements to the business and IT
- Deliver supporting documentation for requirements (such as process maps, data attribute catalogues, wireframes and so on)
- Prioritise requirements to deliver maximum business benefit within set constraints
- Understand the Solution/ Design proposed and challenge appropriately
- Support the developers and the business to ensure consistent understanding of requirements
- Ensure timely completion of project milestones with support from the project manager
- Anticipate bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate
- Facilitation of workshops and meetings
- Development of training material, provide orientation and go live support for users
- Provide input to the test function, producing test scenarios, test scripts as required
- Understand and champion the Company's Business Strategy and objectives
- Follow the organization's governance around project and program work
- Manage and resolve queries arising during design, build, test, go live and warranty
- Work closely with the BI Team and with the wider business on projects to support, enhance and develop the company's data warehouse and Business Intelligence systems.
- Liaise with users to specify changes to the data warehouse and reports as required by the business
- Carry out data analysis, data modelling, ETL and report specification
- Carry out data reconciliation and manipulation as required