ROLE NOW FILLED
The ICT department is responsible for the ICT activities within FMO and consists of four teams. ICT Infrastructure, ICT Service Desk, ICT Applications and ICT Application Development. All teams work with clear guidance from Enterprise Architecture and Quality & Control.
The FMO ICT Applications team is responsible for managing and maintaining FMO’s business applications.
The ICT Applications team is looking for a Business Analyst Compliance with relevant work experience. As part of ICT, you’ll be responsible for ensuring FMO has the business processes and IT systems it needs to deliver financial services to entrepreneurs in developing countries. You’ll need to understand FMO’s products, processes and organisation, and interface with colleagues in the business to identify and define the right solutions for their needs. That could involve anything from streamlining processes to exploring and implementing brand new technologies.
FMO is looking for ambitious, passionate ICT professionals with a drive for excellence. Someone that takes ownership and does not shy away from responsibility.
Is ICT your passion and driver? Do you enjoy being involved in several projects and working within a fast-changing environment? Are you talented at managing expectations and enjoy collaborating across teams?
In your role as BA Compliance, you will be involved with (non) financial risk and internal control on a strategic, tactical and operational level. You are a knowledgeable professional with a few years of experience and strongly rely on your interpersonal skills as well as your cultural sensitivity.
- Function as contact-person for one or more business departments
- Specialise in one or more specific risk-types and stay abreast of relevant laws, regulations and industry best-practices
- Assist risk-owners with the identification and analysis of risks and advising on risk remediation and control strategies
- Perform routine tasks related to the risk administration and the GRC tool.
- Test first-line monitoring of key-controls (design and operating effectiveness).
- Deploy and assess reported risk events (incidents), challenge root-cause analysis and track and report follow-up of improvements
- Identify and implement improvements in risk management and internal control practices
- Represent the team in change risk assessments, product approvals and reviews
- Identify and follow-up on opportunities to improve risk-awareness
- You actively participate in various projects which can impact multiple applications
- Cooperate with and manage vendors of FMO’s software packages
- Cooperate with and manage consultant’s/consultancy firms with whom FMO has a contract for parts of the ICT services.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Relevant professional qualification in good standing
- Relevant experience in non-financial risk management within the financial services industry
- Affinity with internal control frameworks and/or banking processes and products
- In-depth knowledge of IT risk, Information Security, and/or Business Continuity is a preference
- Strong analytical skills with a pragmatic approach
- Client (internal) and quality oriented
- Team player and proactive attitude
- Ability to advise and facilitate, but also to challenge and monitor the first line, while maintaining a good relationship
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Familiarity with corporate banking processes would be an advantage e.g. KYC, Treasury, Risk Management, Payment Processing, Regulatory Reporting.
- Analytical and well-structured because you need to proceed systematically
- An excellent communicator, because you take care in articulating your own thought process, as well as provide feedback on the work of others
- You are a good listener, because you are continuously asking questions and capable of translating the message into concrete actions
- You are team player; because no matter how great someone’s ideas, they will be improved upon through collaboration
- Result orientated; because you like to achieve end results meeting the time, quality and cost criteria.