We are offering 2 attractive (Senior/Lead) Data Scientist positions to join a Digitalization department and to deliver advanced IoT connected services to the renewable chemicals market
Purpose of role
- Act as a subject matter expert within the data science discipline, with a primary focus on delivering lead digital services and products to meet the customers’ business needs
- Responsible for turning data into insights using, for example, modern analytics and machine learning techniques, designing and building AI solutions to automate analysis processes, etc.
- Proactively lead the development and delivery of data science and analytical solutions to our customers as part of a multi competency team
- Apply state-of-the-art advanced analytics and quantitative tools and modeling techniques to derive business insights, solve complex business problems, and improve decisions
- Support and advise on the day-to-day analytics requirements of customers’ key operational processes while continually improving the impact
- Establish effective working relationships directly with customers and key stakeholders
- Apply an agile mindset to achieve high-performing results and advance best practices within data science and cross-functional product teams
- Collaborate closely with data engineers and business domain experts, e.g. chemical engineers, to explore new modelling approaches to address the complex physicochemical phenomena and dynamics of chemical plants
- Translate business hypotheses and customer pain points into well-defined quantitative problems, build and verify quantitative models and algorithms, and integrate the models into solutions and insights
- Build and design analytical solutions of various types – e.g., visual descriptive solutions, optimized decision support or automated decisions (prescriptive solutions), and always with a customer-centric mindset and a solid mathematical and statistical understanding
- Design and develop methodologies, processes, and systems for advanced analytics, creating predictive algorithms, and performing custom analysis
- Incorporate domain expertise to develop “Industrial AI and analytics applications” with built-in understanding of the context, interdependencies of highly complex industrial processes and assets, considering the design characteristics, capacity limits, and safety and regulatory guidelines crucial for real-world industrial operations
Expected mission critical behaviours
- Set ambitious goals for my work aligned with business priorities
- Trust others and seek to gain their trust
- Relentlessly drive to make things better
- Communicate expectations and give open and honest feedback
- Collaborate in the pursuit of company goals
- You hold a relevant academic degree such as M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Chemical/Process Engineering, Computer/Data Science, Data Engineering, Statistics or similar quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of experience from similar role and a proven track record of bringing end-to-end data science and advanced analytics solutions to production in a Cloud Data Platform. Azure or AWS.
- Have strong analytical skills with hands-on experience in conducting technological analyses and applying advanced analytics and optimization methodologies
- Strong experience in imperative programming languages, preferably Python. Experience in Spark/Databricks, containerization using Docker or Kubernetes, and in database solutions (SQL/NoSQL) is also valuable.
- Experience working with the usual tools of modern software development and data science. Good understanding of data engineering practices, incl. data modeling and ETL pipelines
- Demonstrate high self-leadership and are motivated by challenge and collaboration
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Enjoy working in product teams with fast-paced DevOps mindset that incorporates core agile principles and comfortable in taking ownership of decisions in your field of expertise
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this role.