My client is undertaking a hugedigital transformation. If you would like to be part of a passionate and talented team creating solutions to meet the digital agenda and be part of the transformation of the Insurance world then please apply.
As the Digital Technical Lead you will strategically design, model and implement Digital applications and software architectures that support core Digital functions, and assure their high availability and efficiency. This role requires an applicant with a specialism in Mendix, object oriented design and other Digital development software. Reporting to the Senior Scrum/Project Manager you will be responsible for the underlying architecture for the Digital applications, as well as overseeing the work being done by other software engineers working on a project.
The Technical Lead will act as a mentor and coach for all developers, creating developer forums, ensuring architectural principals are adhered to and all software standards are applied. The applicant will be expected to support the Scrum Master/Project Lead in additional activities such as Customer Engagement, 3rd Party and vendor management, Scrum ceremonies and creation of key design artefacts. Key accountabilities
* Manage and enhance key functional and technical areas within the development team both technically and process improvements
* Working with other functional teams and business teams ensuring right governance and guidance is provided to the team members and stakeholders
* Provide necessary solution and architecture recommendations and assess deliverables from the project Be responsible for the timely deliverables (including code, configuration, documentation, controls etc.) from the projects with absolute quality and work very closely with the development teams, Project Managers, Solution Architects, Test Managers and other key individuals from within the projects to achieve this Actively participate and contribute into the Technical Design ensuring project is implemented in the agreed direction and with the scalability and end-to-end solution with best practices in mind. Build and maintain relations with senior stakeholders throughout the IT organisation Be the main vendor technical contact, ensuring high quality applications are developed and supported. Reporting technical issues to vendor, working with vendor as necessary to troubleshoot problems and/or deploy solutions, etc. including metrics development and risk mitigation Actively participate and contribute into the Technical Design Authority governance Required Skills
* Proven IT professional with demonstrable history at operating in a variety of roles throughout the systems delivery/architecture/support life cycle
* Experience in object modelling, or object oriented design, techniques and tools
* Experience in integrations, migrations, and/or ETL in relation to large data sets
* A thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to customer requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation.
* Have experience in the design and programming of software from its inception, including UI design
* Experience developing web services, web service APIs, as well as implementing code to consume existing APIs
* Experience providing operational support (e.g., troubleshooting reported issues, identifying root problems, developing solutions)
* Experience working within an aggile environment
* Expert knowledge and understanding of implementing technical change in existing IT landscapes, specifically with a wide breadth of architectural experience in modernising current IT landscapes, specifically the digitisation of business activities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Education and Experience: *