Systems Administrator needed immediately!! 6 Month contract for a Systems Administrator!!
* Install, configure and maintain server operating systems including deploying VM's for project environments.
* Install and configure Microsoft applications predominantly Biztalk and CRM
* Install and maintain server-based application software packages. Including Pega Systems and SBS Eclipse.
* Install, Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SQL 2012 including running scripts for developers and support teams.
* Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures for Infrastructure deployments and troubleshooting.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up. Perform restores of data as and when requested.
* Provide Tier III/other support as requested Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Repair and recover from software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted areas.
* Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary, testing applications function successfully after patching and maintenance weekends.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Perform on-going performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Perform system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment. Managing/creating service accounts and group membership for application groups.
* Assist in disaster recovery planning and testing for the PAS project.
* Participate in on-call rotation for off-hours support.
* Experience working with deployment, configuration, integration tools and technologies
* Background in software development, testing, or support
* Experience in the Insurance Industry
* Any exposure to Application support and Systems Administration work would be preferable
* Experience supporting website/online systems and related technologies would be preferable
* Pega Systems
* SBS Eclipse
* Windows 2K8, 2012
* Tomcat Web Services
* Team City
* SQL Admin, SQL Scripts
* IIS & IIS Webservices