A talented Developer is required to join the Analytics Technology function at Willis Towers Watson. Using Agile methodologies, you'll work in an innovative cross-functional team responsible for using leading edge technologies to design, build and support web based analytical solutions.
You will use your practical experience to hit the ground running and contribute to developing high quality code to help meet our complex business requirements.
The successful applicant will report to the Analytics Technology Development Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in developing the change capabilities of a global financial services organisation, where the focus will be on practical delivery and reacting to the highest value business needs.
Note that some travel may be required as part of the engagement with business and technology stakeholders.
To maintain an awareness of technology trends both within and outside of the organisation, including:
- Sufficient understanding of enterprise architecture to ensure enhancements and solution redesigns are in line with the enterprise vision
- Providing health-check recommendation for the ongoing 'fit-for-purpose' state of our service
- Working to defined Development best practices and principles to enable Willis Towers Watson to deliver industry-leading technology solutions
To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
Experience / Requirements Essential:
- Good knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles, including DI and decoupled design
- Ensuring quality through unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience of Agile methodologies (one or more of Scrum / Kanban / XP, etc
- First-rate communication skills and the ability to apply these to rapid and creative problem solving in a pressurised environment
- Experience of understanding complex business processes, involving multiple stakeholder groups and perspectives
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements
- BSc degree qualified educated in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Science or Computer Science)
- Experience of working in a financial services organisation, preferably with exposure to the insurance industry / insurance broking.
- Exposure to Microsoft TFS agile planning tools including build and release management
- Experience of working with Azure Cloud Services
- Experience of service based development using technologies such as WCF, Web API and RESTful services
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Catastrophe Modelling Experience (RMS, EQECAT, etc.)
- Exposure to NOSQL technologies (such as Couchbase or Mongo DB)
- Experience of performance tuning and optimising techniques