*Service Project Manager x2 - Contract - Local Authority - £375 per day - 3 Months - Central London Area*
Currently working with a local authority who require 2 Service Project Managers to join the ICT team. The role is very business facing but any experience in areas such as Mosaic would be a good fit. Project Managers with an experience in working in a shared service environment eg partnerships in local authorities are also going to be key for this role.
- JOB PURPOSE:
The purpose of the role is to take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically lasting 6-12 months, with direct business impact and firm deadlines). This will involve identifying, assessing and managing risks to the success of the project, ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate. Also managing the change control procedure, and ensuring that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. The postholder will provide effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances..
- DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- To take responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of medium-scale projects, directing and counselling project team members, and advising users as necessary on all phases.
- To ensure that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and sub-projects.
- To monitor and control project team performance against plans, maintaining effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reporting as appropriate.
- To define and manage the process for deploying and integrating new capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to and fully compatible with business operations, including planning around key business cycles.
- To ensure that correct project documentation is maintained and that Lessons Learned are communicated to the rest of the Business.
- To work with user management, reviewing proposed benefits and risks in the new/redesigned processes, confirming the acceptance criteria for these processes, and ensuring that they are properly documented in the business justification.
- Works under broad direction.
- Work is often self-initiated.
- Is fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives.
- Establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Confident with managing changing and conflicting priorities.
- Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own specialist area
- Builds appropriate and effective business relationships.
- Makes decisions which impact the success of assigned work, i.e. results, deadlines and budget. Decisions will also impact the operational activities of the business areas supported.
- Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to given assignments
- Supervises more junior staff and manages temporary staff and project resources.
- Performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities. Undertakes work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts.
- Understands the relationship between own specialist area and wider customer/organisational requirements.
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialist area and can make appropriate choices from alternatives.
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets.
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally.
- Demonstrates leadership.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives.
- Takes all requirements into account when making proposals.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date.
- Mentors colleagues.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry.
- Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational/service improvement.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Project Management Experience
- Good Business Focussed Principles
- Good Understanding of IT Projects
- Worked in a Shared Service Environment
- Great Stakeholder Engagement
- Good Communication
If interested, please get in contact with Isaac Miller on email@example.com or 020 3405 3517 immediately