*Service Manager - Learning & Disabilities - Contract - Up to £500 per day - Local Authrority - North East London Area - 3-6 Months*
I am currently working with a Local Authority who require a Service Manager with experience in learning and disabilities to report into the Head of Adult Social care. The candidate must have local authority experience.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To lead and manage the Tower Hamlets Community Learning Disability Service multidisciplinary integrated service teams and day opportunities programmes.
- To advise and work with the Service Head in the Local Authority and the Associate Director in Tower Hamlets Community Health Services on relevant new policy and guidance, national and local, and in developing local partnership arrangements.
- To lead on development and implementation of long and short term strategies for these services.
- To develop and implement service user and carer involvement strategies
- To be a key member of the Learning Disability Partnership Board, working to set the agenda, and its direction of travel.
- To participate in the general management of the Directorate/Community Health Services as a member of the Senior Management Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead and manage multidisciplinary integrated service teams and day opportunities in the Borough Community Learning Disabilities Services across a range of locations. Establish, monitor and evaluate integrated care pathways which aim to deliver a responsive, timely and appropriate service to all users.
- To include dotted line management of the consultant psychiatrist within the Service. To ensure adequate CPA arrangements are in place and are regularly monitored and audited.
- To ensure that the service provides a comprehensive, quality and cost effective service to people with learning disabilities. To ensure that appropriate services are planned and delivered to meet assessed need. To develop and implement robust quality assurance processes.
- To manage systems to review services continually and ensure that all services provide and can prove best value. To write new policies and procedures as required by the service.
- To participate in the general management of the Directorate as a member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to the overall strategic direction and work programmes of the Directorate.
- As a member of the THCHS Adult Provider Management Team to play an equivalent role in the overall strategic direction and work programmes of the CHS.
- To participate in the general management of the THCHS as requested by the Associate Director of Adult Services.
- To assist the Service Head in the Local Authority and Associate Director in TH Community Health Services (THCHS) in implementing new policy and guidance, both national and local. To develop services to meet evolving needs or changes in statute or regulation.
- To contribute to the development of local partnership arrangements with the One Tower Hamlets Partnership as appropriate.
- To contribute to and where appropriate produce reports through the Head of Service to the Council, and Associate Director in THCHS, including Cabinet Scrutiny, Trust Board etc as appropriate on all matters concerning the provision of services for adults with learning disabilities. To collate and report on statistical and management information within the area of responsibility.
- To draft responses to Members Enquiries for the Service Head.
- To carry out Adult Protection, Serious Untoward Incidents, and Complaints investigations as required.
- To represent the Local Authority and THCHC at a senior level both within the Council and with external public, private, voluntary and other bodies in meetings and working groups, chairing them as required.
- To represent or act on behalf of the Service Head and Associate Director of TH CHS as requested to do so.
Service Planning and Development
- To be responsible for service planning for all teams, linking to the both Directorates Business and Service Plans and the Council's and THCHS wider Strategic Objectives.
- To work closely with colleagues and other agencies to monitor and audit service quality standards, and to apply the principles of Bets Value and continuous improvement to the services for which the post holder is responsible.
- To develop service user and carer involvement strategies and to implement these within the service under the post holders responsibility.
- To contribute to and implement the Directorate's agreed ICT strategy.
- To manage specific projects on behalf of both Tower Hamlets AHWB and THCHS as requested.
If interested, please contact Isaac Miller on 020 3405 3517 or firstname.lastname@example.org