SERVICE DESK ANAYLST ROLE - KEY INSURANCE CLIENT - WINDOWS 7 - ACTIVE DIRECTORY - MS OFFICE - DELL HARDWARE - SCCM - LONDON
Service Desk Analyst / 1st line support help desk for a key player in the London Insurance market based in the heart of city.
Working on a busy IT support desk, you wil be first line support to a large user group.
To answer and resolve 1st/2nd line Service Desk issues and general system administration duties providing a high standard of customer service to all staff at all levels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to internal customers requests for IT services in a timely, polite, and efficient fashion, adhering to the defined SLAs
- Perform system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Perform all client software installation and support
- Perform new and refurbished desktop, laptop and printer configurations and installations.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Provide new user orientation
- Support remote users in accessing corporate resources
- Maintain conference room and training room PCs
- Participate in On-Call group to provide afterhours assistance.
Essential skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7 (and Windows 10 desktop operating systems would be very useful)
- Good knowledge of Active Directory.
- Knowledge of full MS Office 2010 Professional Suite and MS Office 365
- Knowledge of iPhone/Samsung devices & software.
- Experience with Dell hardware.
- Hardware configuration experience.
- Strong printer problem resolution skills.
- Good knowledge of SCCM (image build, remote support, software install)
- Good knowledge of general network infrastructure issues and resolution, including switches and Ethernet.
- Good knowledge of remote access methods and applications including Citrix and VMWare View.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Vault and MS Skype 2016
- Knowledge of BMC/Numara Footprints Service Desk system
Candidates must be able to work shifts: (8am to 4pm / 9am to 5pm / 10am to 6pm) - on occasions out of hours work may also be required.