As a new Senior DBA to join a growing team you will be responsible for maintaining a 'best of breed' IT Operational Service. You will have previous significant MSSQL Server experience and a proven track record of deploying and maintaining applications across the whole project development life cycle.
You will be focussing on delivering business driven change across the application portfolio, assisting projects at both design and implementation phases. In addition to this you will also be supporting the existing database estate across all environments. Trouble shooting of production issues and performance tuning will also be a key activity.
You will have database administration skills and a passion for modernisation, automation and moving towards Cloud based deployments.
- You will provide 3rd Line Support for the database environment in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes
- You will be proactive in managing and monitoring the database environment to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the IT services
- You will work closely with infrastructure personnel, providing technical input to application design of solutions for business and infrastructure projects
- You will be responsible for evaluation, planning and delivery of the migration and upgrade of existing database applications
- You will ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and root-cause problem analysis is undertaken where appropriate to reduce the number and severity of future operational incidents
- You will be keen to demonstrate knowledge transfer with other IT Services staff to improve the effectiveness of IT Services
- You will have strong design, implementation and administration knowledge of MSSQL Server from 2008R2 onwards
- You will have proven design, implementation and administration knowledge of at least one Highly Available (HA) solution and theoretical knowledge of other HA solutions
- You will have good administration, design and implementation knowledge of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- You will have strong trouble shooting, performance tuning, T-SQL and Powershell experience
- You will enjoy working in large environments supporting applications through various stages of the product development life cycle
- You would have operated at a project technical lead level, helping to co-ordinate other technical resources assigned to a project
- You will have previous experience of database migrations and implementations in the Cloud, including NoSQL technologies (not essential)
- You will ideally hold good general infrastructure support knowledge and know how.