You will work with other team members to highlight the product risks, and help identify and implement the necessary steps required to enable the release of software which not only meets the end-user's needs, but is also reliable and of the highest quality. Your focus will be on providing information to all parties involved to help improve the product. You will be participating in design and development to ensure testability is considered at all stages, and will be using the appropriate testing techniques, including both manual and automated testing.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is intelligent, flexible and adaptable and who has a desire to self-educate and share their knowledge with those around them. You will have a background in testing with a focus on communication and collaboration within the team to build the right product in the best possible way.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in the software testing domain
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing methodologies and promoting best practice quality techniques within high-calibre software development teams
- High numeracy skills, degree-educated with a 1st or at least 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science
Due to the size and complexity of the product, previous experience of the following would be of considerable advantage:
- User interface testing or facilitating usability testing
- Exposure to WPF applications and Reactive extensions
- Knowledge of maths and statistics and the need for numerical accuracy
- Familiarity and adaptability to working with automation frameworks
- Interest in financial and capital modelling
- Agile development
If you feel like you are ready for this challenge and want the chance to join a leading global organisation then this may be the job for you.