Senior PMO required for a Private Bank based in the City. This role will focus on building the PMO function from scratch in a new Business Transformation team. A role has arisen in a large Private Bank to help create a change practice and this hire will provide project structure, governance and a framework for change to be conducted on a large transformation portfolio.
The role provides the opportunity to play a critical role in expanding the project management capability in an agile, growth orientated leader in International Wealth Management. Working in close cooperation with the Change Management Director, this individual will support Executive Management in the identification, planning and execution of the firm's UKs business change project portfolio. The role holder will first work on the establishment of a Project Management Office to facilitate this.
Duties / responsibilities
- Primary resource for the initiation and setup of project management office that delivers appropriate support, oversight and direction while avoiding project bureaucracy
- Once established, support the identification, acceptance, management, tracking, review and closure of projects within the core change portfolio of the Bank
- Ensure appropriate plans and project tools are utilised on each project as appropriate; to effectively meet project objectives, as agreed with the Change Director / Project Sponsors / the Board / the UK Management Committee and other relevant governance bodies
- Track progress against agreed plans and produce reports on the whole change portfolio for these governance bodies and other stakeholders as defined during the initiation phase of the project. This is to include an up to date
- Support the identification of risks to these projects and ensure these are proactively tracked and managed
- Actively lead one or more assigned projects or workstreams and the implementation of assigned deliverables. This will include both group work and personal responsibility for finishing tasks to the required timeline
- Identify key risks and issues relating to these assigned projects; and to manage them accordingly.
- Keep knowledge up-to-date regarding the market and better practice operating models, as they emerge in the Wealth Management / Private Banking sector and the Banking Industry in general.
- Where a project is of a regulatory nature, quickly develop an understanding of the regulations and new business rules that are being introduced. Become comfortable with the detail and help communicate the nature of these changes to all relevant section of the Bank
- Work in collaboration with colleagues in other group companies on common project management standards, methods, tools and shared projects
- The role requires skill and sensitivity in communicating subjects which from time to time may be difficult and which may also have an impact on current working practices or staff expectations
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum three years' professional experience in a change related function
- Project management track record, from inception and planning to implementation
- Ability to provide high quality business analysis and solution design in a format that can be readily absorbed and actioned by managers across the business
- Good general knowledge of financial services sector; private client wealth management / private banking being of particular relevance
- High IT user skills, particularly of Microsoft Office; able to use MS Office Suite to effectively produce high quality business papers and project documentation
- General understanding of key financial services regulatory issues
- Team management methods and meeting management skills
- Innovative approach to realising business deliverables
Get in contact ASAP on 02034053504 / firstname.lastname@example.org