Senior Java Developer
Initial six month contract
**PLEASE NOTE** Please do not apply for this position unles you have a strong understanding of Fixed Income as unfortunately you will not be considered for this opportunity
My client, a London based Asset Manager requires a a new memeber for their Fixed Income Systems Team, this individual will be responsible for solutions delivery for the Fixed Income Global portfolio management team. This is an ideal opportunity for an IT professional to apply business and/or technical skills to enable investment processes to become more effective.
The specific project is a web-based research collaboration platform. The delivery arm is to have a one-stop-shop for all research presentations, data feeds, calendars, internal risk and analytics data, as well as a collaboration mechanism to initiate and enable team-wide and cross-team discussions.
- Participating in the delivery of high quality business solutions
- Interacting with Fixed Income investment professionals at all levels of the organization in order to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems to support investment processes
- Performing gap analysis between business investment workflows/processes and existing systems
- Interfacing and coordinating with the broad Information Technology teams to ensure successful delivery
- Participating directly in the technical development of investment tools
- 3 -5 years of design and development experience within the Financial Services industry
- Experience developing complex applications, ideally using J2EE and related technologies. Web applications using HTML5, CSS, jQuery, JSP, AJAX, Web Services and other related technologies would be advantageous
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related subject, with good mathematical acumen.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills gained through experience in a financial domain
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently with people ranging from senior portfolio managers to junior developers and analysts
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, in an energetic, fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Strong prioritisation skills, with the ability to dynamically re-prioritise as business needs change in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment.
Ref: BBBH6415_1499188150 | Published: 04th Jul 2017