Senior Infrastructure Specialist required to work with the team to support the business globally. The primary focus of the role will be to provide essential 3rd Line Citrix operational support as well as working closely with projects to plan, document and deliver infrastructure components.
- Manage and provide 3rd line support for Citrix platforms in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes.
- Proactively manage IT infrastructure to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the infrastructure services.
- Provide input to the infrastructure strategy for Citrix platforms and undertake solution design for infrastructure projects.
- Ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and root cause problem analysis is undertaken where appropriate to reduce the number and severity of future operational incidents.
- Identify where knowledge can be shared with other IT Services staff to improve the effectiveness of IT Services, and help develop the knowledge and skills of others in the IT Services team.
- Act as a Technical Lead and primary technical contact for key technical areas.
- Manage the provision of services from third-party infrastructure services suppliers.
- Assist IT Services in the migration towards a code centric model for managing infrastructure.
- Actively contribute to the IT Services Agile working methodology.
- Hold or working towards Citrix certification (Citrix Certified Virtualisation level).
- Have current and demonstrable experience in Microsoft/Citrix related technologies including:
- XenApp/XenDesktop, PVS/MCS, StoreFront, NetScaler, XenMobile, ShareFile, Desktop Player
- Windows 7/10/2008/2012/2016
- VMware ESX and Cloud hosting
- Microsoft AD/GPO/MDT, McAfee AV, Ivanti DesktopNow, Symantec Altiris
- Microsoft App-V/Office 365/OneDrive
- Thin clients
- Good knowledge of scripting technologies including PowerShell.
- Strong technical support background, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable technical solution design skills such as the creation of High Level and Low Level designs and a good understanding of technology developments.
- Experience working within project management and project delivery environments.
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment with rapidly evolving targets and to prioritise work effectively.
- Self-motivated, confident and decisive, with a "can do" attitude to meeting business needs.
- Solid influencing and communication skills and the ability to deliver the right message to the right audience.
- A good team player, working with other IT and business professionals in an effective manner.
- An appreciation of DevOps principles.
- An appreciation of Infrastructure as Code principles and how they can be applied in an Enterprise environment.
- Desire to work in multiple technology areas; such as AD & O365, Compute and Networking.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures; such as Microsoft Azure.
You will be joining a growing team in an establoshed international organisation seeking to evolve into the future. You will be encoruaged to think creatively, challenge the status quo and look for solutions. If you are passionate and dedicated to IT and infrastructure then this forward thinking company is a great place to advance your career to the next level. Apply now to learn more.