Are you an IT guru who loves to provide operational support to the business?
We're recruiting for a Senior Directory Services and Messaging Specialist to provide 'best of the breed' services to the business. After a recent restructure and to keep up with growing demands from the business we need a professional who can hit the ground running to join our team in Colchester. We need someone who can work well under pressure as there is a continuous backlog of work, but you'll have the capability to prioritize and still provide exceptional customer service to the business.
The role would offer constant opportunities to grow and develop your own knowledge and profile by engaging with stakeholders across the business and delving in to any challenges thrown your way. Not to mention there's opportunity to take part in a number of large projects over the next couple of years - adoption of O365, migration to cloud for emails and a new IAM platform, just to name a few.
You'll be working in a supportive environment as part of a 6 person AD&M team. We all strive for quality and success in the delivery of our services, while providing innovated ways of working to better the business. You'll need to come with a "can-do" attitude and the ability to be a great team player, because we're a team that'll always offer a helping hand where needed!
What you'll be doing:
- Providing 3rd line support for messaging, and directory infrastructure components in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes.
- Proactively manage IT infrastructure to minimise business disruption and identify and drive initiatives to improve the quality and effectiveness of the infrastructure services
- Add input to the infrastructure strategy of messaging, and directory services and undertake solution design for infrastructure projects
- Deliver new infrastructure projects and small changes
- Ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and root-cause problem analysis is undertaken where appropriate to reduce the number and severity of future operational incidents
Our must haves
- 5-10 years of IT experience
- Excellent knowledge and proven recent use of Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Knowledge and understanding of Exchange Online
- Have recent experience in Active Directory components with particularly strong skills in the core areas of Directory Services, GPO and DFS
- Be able to demonstrate use of Powershell or other scripting language when used within AD or Exchange
- Experience in Office 365 and Azure, including AAD/Dirsync and ADFS
- Have strong Exchange, Data Management and Active Directory technical support / monitoring background, with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a "can do" attitude for delivering IT support
- Have good technical solution design skills, and a good understanding of technology developments
- Be knowledgeable of 3rd party email suppliers for services like message scanning
Nice to have
- Have knowledge of Certificate Services including Public Key Infrastructure within Active Directory as well as external 3rd party services
- Have experience of LDAP directories, ideally LDS, or be familiar with the concepts
- Understand Mobile Device Management solutions and have a working knowledge of one
- Understand Identity Management solutions and have a working knowledge of one
- Have a knowledge and experience of the financial services sector (although not essential).
- Previous knowledge/experience of working with agile delivery methodologies.