(Senior) Data Scientist (m/w)
For the Data Analytics department of a leading insurance company in Munich, we are currently looking for a (Senior) Data Scientist.
- Active participation in existing and new big data projects
- Central provision of know-how, tools and techniques for data analysis
- Use analytical methods to guide and counsel operational units
- Conduct research on methods and technologies to highlight potentially competitive advantages
- Develop analytical solutions that enable operational units to improve the quantity and quality of their businesses.
- Networking with already existing data-intensive units in the area of analysis and reporting, and with IT to form an analytics community
- Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or related field
- Sound knowledge of business intelligence tools and relevant statistical tools such as SAS and R
- In-depth knowledge and multiple years experience in the application of analytical methods (statistical modelling, machine learning, text mining, cognitive computing, data visualisation, web crawling, or other relevant knowledge)
- Deep understanding of data structures and data management
- Ability to identify and process external data sources
- Experience in insurance / reinsurance industry an advantage
- High level of flexibility and an innovative mindset
- Very good German and English language skills, and willingness to travel
For a confidential conversation about the next step in your career please send us your CV.
Key words: data science, data scientist, business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, statistical modelling, text mining, data mining, cognitive computing, data visualisation, web crawling, predictive analytics, statistics, SAS, R, insurance, Versicherung, Munich, München