Senior Software Developer - C# .NET - £80k-£90k - Surrey
Senior Developer required for a Global Investment business, providing services and advice to a diverse range of institutional investors, including large pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations.
As a Software Developer, you will work as part of a close-knit development team following Scrum methodologies to deliver the desired technologies on time and within budget, ensuring the end-product continues meet the expected high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
Your role will cover all aspects of the development lifecycle and tasks on this high priority project include:
- Designing, implementing, refactoring and testing code (C#), following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance,
- Implementing unit tests (C#, NUnit), developing test frameworks and associated automated test cases,
- Reviewing and debugging code to identify defects, performance bottlenecks or technical debt,
- Working closely with test engineers to guarantee suitable test coverage, identifying and executing manual tests if necessary,
- Participating in sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups and sprint retrospectives, striving to continuously improve the team velocity, its processes and engineering practices,
- Working with the Product Owner to help create User Stories and define acceptance criteria,
- Documenting requirements analysis or design decisions.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Mid-level software development, ideally using C# .NET, or similar (Java, Python, C++)
- Industry experience with full software development lifecycle: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, detailed software design, object-orientated software implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation and deployment,
- Industry experience with software engineering best practices, processes and supporting tools