Roles & Responsibilities:
- To work with key stakeholders to ensure assigned projects are appropriately planned and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
- To ensure project plans are agreed, documented and 'baselined' with the appropriate stakeholders.
- To ensure the Head of Business Change and associated stakeholders (Executive Sponsor, Operational Sponsor, and associated SMEs) are appropriately informed of progress against plan and any exceptions are escalated as required.
- To work with the Head of Business Change and associated stakeholders (Executive Sponsor, Operational Sponsor, and associated SMEs) to agree a project budget and to monitor costs to ensure that these remain within agreed tolerances.
- To work with the Head of Business Change and Practice leads to agree project resource requirements
- To ensure projects are, and remain, aligned with the strategic roadmap, ensuring scope 'creep' and the impact of changes is understood.
- To liaise with the Change Team to ensure cross project dependencies are understood and managed, notifying the relevant parties of any impact to the schedule.
- To ensure the projects and working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls
- To actively contribute to the PM practice (and other practices) to ensure Internal Project Standards and Change Governance Procedures and Controls are 'fit for purpose' and be prepared to review and revise as needed and Change team objectives/skills are 'fit for purpose' and be prepared to review and revise as needed.
Main Duties / Tasks:
- Provide regular reporting and materials to support internal Change governance procedures and controls.
- To ensure key project decisions, changes, actions, meeting attendees, directions are recorded and addressed
- Liaise with relevant Stakeholders to ensure they are appropriately briefed prior to Governance forums, to include (but not restricted to) delivery against scope, schedule, costs and benefits.
- Working with key stakeholders to effectively 'kick-off' projects and monitor/report on early phase concept/feasibility activities.
- To ensure changes in business processes are documented and understood by the impacted functional area.
- To coordinate training as required for business operations teams and internal support functions.
- To liaise with key stakeholders from business operations teams and internal and external support functions to ensure an effective handover to business as usual.
- Act as a Change Business Partner, Business Analyst or Lead as and when requested by the Head of Business Change.
- Reside on Project working groups and input as needed attend other governance forums to provide updates on project progress as required.
- Develop and deliver approaches for prioritising and monitoring key system changes as and when requested by the Head of Business Change.
- Manage PMs (and other Business Change resources) as and when requested by the Head of Business Change.
- Lead the PM practice as and when requested by the Head of Business Change.
- Liaise and Manage Suppliers as directed by the needs of the project.
- Liaise with Internal and External audit functions as directed by audit Terms of Reference.
- Ensure you are a champion of Change governance procedures and controls.
- 3+ years' professional experience in a project manager function.
- Good general knowledge of financial services; the wealth management / private banking sector being of particular relevance.
- Project management track record, from inception and planning to implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of working in Regulatory Programmes (e.g. MIFID II, SMR, GDPR, FATCA, Solvency II)
- IT skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project and MS Visio and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/WDX, Figaro, BITA an advantage.
- Delivery Frameworks: Waterfall and Agile
Qualifications / Experience:
- Appropriate academic qualifications. Ideally educated to degree, or equivalent, level.
- Significant Project Management experience of working within an FCA regulated organisation.
Ref: BBBH6496_1501094904 | Published: 26th Jul 2017