ROLE: Quantitative Developer
COMPANY: Leading Asset/Fund/Investment Management firm
TEAM: Investment IT
DESCRIPTION: My client is looking for a Quantitative Developer, to join their Investment IT Team. This role will be sitting directly on the investment floor and will cover the entire SDLC. You will focus on analysis and development right through to post-implementation support for the front office.
- Both developing and supporting bespoke research and investment tools and systems
- Working to develop technical solutions with the outcome of reducing ongoing support requirements
- Undertaking ad-hoc development, implement bug fixes, BAU enhancements and process improvements
- Working with the investment team to make sure the technology evolves with changing business needs
- Ensuring the systems integrate into the corporate data and technology platforms
- Academic background - Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, IT etc.
- Strong understanding SQL Server, T-SQL.
- Knowledge of VBA / Excel
- Knowledge of another programming language (e.g. C#, Matlab, R, Python, …)
- Good knowledge of the types of data and systems relevant to an investment environment
- Experience in a professional development environment (source control, unit & integration testing, release and change management, …)
Other Useful Skills:
- Previous experience working on front office systems
- Experience using C#.NET (including WCF/WPF)
- Experience using MATLAB
- Knowledge of alternative data management and distributed computing systems (e.g. NoSQL, Hadoop, AWS, Azure, …)
- Experience in building robust scalable systems
- Familiarity with quantitative equity investment processes
- Familiarity with risk models, portfolio optimisation techniques and/or transaction cost modelling
Get in contact now on 0203 405 3521 / email@example.com