Regional Adoption Agency - Adopt East
Contract: Interim Contract - initial 3 months (possible scope for extension)
Pay rate: from £450 - £550 per day, dependant on experience
Location: East London/ Essex Area
We are looking for a Project Manager with significant experience of partnership working and collaboration. You will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in delivering complex projects and programmes of work within a Local Authority or other large organisation.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Translating the aims of the DfE and Adopt East into a tangible project plan/workplan.
- Managing the project, including several workstreams, through design and implementation of the new regional adoption agency.
- Taking advantage of DfE learning events and masterclasses.
- Organising and managing stakeholder engagement events.
- Significant partnership working, negotiating and collaborating.
- Knowledge of working on creation of a new entity/shared service or new operating model type project.
- Bringing together different functions including Legal, HR, Financial Reporting and Design.
- Responding to DfE bid requests, financial and project plan requests.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant degree and/or alternative professional qualification, or equivalent by experience, with evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Adoption knowledge would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- A theoretical knowledge and understanding of the technical, behavioural and contextual elements of project management, with the ability to critically evaluate and optimise them as required.
- Able to resolve complex issues, in respect of:
- Planning, monitoring and reporting
- Detection and resolution of problems
- Translating strategies into practical plans
- Communication, team work and leadership
- Stakeholder management
- Quality management
- Has successfully managed a wide range of projects and programmes of work.
- Has experience of change management within a Local Authority or other large organisation.
- Has experience of working with complex multi-agency partnerships and stakeholder groups
If interested in the opportunity, please send your cv in to email@example.com or give me a call on 020 3405 3517