*Project Manager - Contract - Learning Disabilities - £350-£450 per day - Local Authority - 6-12 Months - Central London*
Learning Disabilities Accommodaton and Support Re-commission [Dec 16 - Dec 17]
Business Need for the Post:
The re-commissioning of learning disabilities accommodation and support will be carried out through competitive dialogue (CD) procurement approach, agreed as the best approach to enable the Council to develop the detail of an innovative solution to provide flexible support. Advice from corporate procurement and experience from other Councils is that CD is resource intensive and success is dependent on the process having disciplined project management in what will be a complex environment. There is an immediate business need to secure the highest calibre project maanger to take the lead on delivering this major venture.
The project will identify lead provider partners to manage people's personal budgets via Individual Service Funds and is a high profile, transformative and innovative idea which will deliver a new model for how accommodation and support is supplied. This comes with high impact risks if they are not mitigated by having the appropriate resource in place.
A project team has been set up in ASC commissioning, with input from corporate procurement, finance, legal and HR. However, there is a need for a skilled project manager to lead and coordinate the considerable amount of work required to deliver this project.
The focus of the Role:
The project manager will be responsible for project planning of the end to end process, the coordination of the competitive dialogue timetable, reporting, risk management and delivery of the intended service and financial benefits (improved choice, quality and a substantial saving for each borough).
- Experience of work across health and care, particularly residential and supported accommodation for adults with complex needs including Learning Disabilities.
- Strong track record of end to end delivery of large scale and complex commissioning and procurement projects - taking the lead project management role and demonstrating a strong track record of delivering tangible service and financial benefits
- Able to deliver both excellent project management and a major contribution to delivering projects particularly around service re-design and specification, financial and performance modelling, stakeholder engagement, co-production.
- Ability to manage virtual teams to ensure key stages of procurement projects run smoothly and to schedule including an intelligent and compliant approach to the key stages of procurement.
- Good working with complex environment that requires excellent relationship management
- Can act as an effective conduit between finance, activity, performance and operations.
- Able to produce simple reports, presentations etc. from complex information
- Ability to translate strategic intent and high level plans into detailed delivery projects and plans.
- Thrives on leading to deliver high pressure and demanding programmes and projects.
If interested in the opportunity, please get in contact with Isaac Miller on email@example.com or 020 3405 3517