Programme Manager - Asset Management - Core Investment Strategy and Delivery. The holder of this position will be responsible for the co-ordination, direction and prioritisation of the pipeline of initiatives that fall under the remit of the or a co-Investment Strategy of an Insurance firm and an owned Boutique multi-Asset Investment Manager. This is the largest strategic change initiative the firm has undertaken to date, evolving the business into a strategic asset for the Insurance group whilst minimising the impact and distraction to the underlying core investment business lines. Note, the programme may over time expand to include responsibility - or at least oversight over - workstreams outside the direct control of the Investment Boutique.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Manage the firm's IP programme and support delivery of programme objectives.
- Assist in the solution design process ensuring it aligns with the key design principles agreed at SteerCo.
- Responsible for driving stakeholder management plan.
- Drive production of materials for all governance committee meetings and ensure pre-syndication is carried out with key stakeholders across the Parent Insurance orgaisation.
- Identify overall resource requirements and other support for all areas involved in delivery of the programme.
- Manage a small project team who may be hired /seconded into the initiative.
- Act as CRM to team(s) ensuring partnership and co-ordination across functional managers in all locations.
- Support Head of Change in relation to key SMT requirements (e.g. report preparation for Risk Comm, Man Comm, Board Papers etc)
Note: Must be capable of challenging and influencing senior and global stakeholders in potential solution options. Must have the ability to develop trust with key relationships within the wider Group. Must understand and appreciate complexities of a global organisation model involving multiple suppliers, varying areas of interest and priorities.
Expectation to manage a small team of project managers, business analysts who might be seconded to the projects.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience working as a Senior Programme Manager in asset management industry. Will have strong experience of interacting with business leaders and managers, and leading significant and wide ranging change programmes at the most senior levels.
- Experienced in reporting at board level and senior steering committees.
- Will have experience in projects involving the selection and implementation of the multiple providers within asset management industry.
- Some understanding of Insurance sector and products will be advantageous.
- A very good knowledge of organisation/process/systems for asset management firms across business activities is required.
- Experience in managing teams of various skilled individuals in a cross cultural environment.
- Experience of manufacturing and distribution functions would be of benefit
To discharge this role to the high standard required, the jobholder needs to have a strong understanding of asset gathering (distribution) and manufacturing (investment management) and operations and other supporting functions and impacts such as Compliance, risk etc within the Investment Management business. Experience of managing in an environment with outsourced operations models will be beneficial.
The role will demand the holder is capable of operating at various levels. He/she will be expected to plan, control and manage the firm's programme of change but in a relatively small organisation it is critical that they are also comfortable and capable of executing and directing the change in some detail themselves.