Private Equity Head of Value Enhancement for Investment clients. A mid market private Equity business is looking for an individual to lead a small team that provides experitise to its Investment Clients to realise shareholder value during its investment period.
The Private Equity business invests in UK regional businesses and helps them grow by providing IT, Marketing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance etc expertise to drive productivity and increase revenue. The team exists within the PE firm to help businesses outperform competitors and increase shareholder value. Its purpose is to support the Case Officers to maximise shareholder value and ensure the PE firm is the partner of choice in private equity mid-market for management teams. The team do this by helping the new business teams increase the conversion rate of pre-deals to completed deals, and helping management teams outperform and increase shareholder value of their business.
- Oversee an Investment portfolio of businesses: Anaylse business operational ability, seek out areas for value add, create an improvement strategy and be responsible for driving shareholder value by allocating resources to each business.
- Manage a small team of Value Add professionals that are experts in their field.
- Manage upwards in terms of providing reporting to the board and Investment Directors on progress of value enhancement throughout the investment period.
- Work with CEOs, business owners in setting development strategy and converting that on ROI in terms of EBITA increase.
Aptitudes, Abilities & Behaviour
- Commercially focused - an ability to translate business terminology into technology terminology and vice versa is critical
- Hands-on, an implementer/doer
- Results-focussed and data-driven
- Tenacious and resilient
- Strategic thinker and able to translate strategy into implementable actions
- Identifies and recovers opportunities (and risks)
- Good communicator and presenter
- Cultural fit with deal teams and management teams
- Teamwork and leadership