The successful candidate will have provided Structured support to Project management functions. This role will support the department's drive towards best practice, ensuring the adequate governance and compliance of the portfolios, whilst providing oversight of all IT related change.
Key responsibilities include:
Resource Management: The PMO Analyst will monitor the resourcing of the portfolio, support the project managers forecasts and demand planning, capacity management and amendments for portfolio prioritisation.
Governance: The PMO Analyst will be responsible for guiding projects through the prescribed methodologies, ensuring adherence to all Scrum, Waterfall and Hybrid lifecycles. Providing feedback and guidance on planning, management of RAIDs, resource management, and financial forecasting and estimating.
MI: The PMO Analyst will ensure that the PPM system is maintained and that all project information is accurate and up to date together with the PM's, so that it can be distributed across the organisation to support project forums and senior management prioritisation and portfolio decisions. MI dashboards should be continually managed and manipulated as required to provide the correct level of information.
Finance: The PMO Analyst will work with the Project Managers/Scrum Teams to maintain the financial oversight of each assigned project, ensuring accurate estimates, forecasting, and variance reporting against budget, whilst maintaining an understanding of the overall P&L impact.
Team and Stakeholder Management:
- The PMO Analyst will work closely with the central PMO to create a high performing team.
- To manage the successful delivery of the change agenda, the PMO Analyst will build and nurture relationships with the project teams, sponsors and external vendors.
- The PMO Analyst will develop and maintain external and internal networks to identify best practice and promote the PMO and change management community.
The PMO Analyst will promote the benefits of the PMO to the wider business, providing support and guidance for business related projects that are not within the IT portfolio. Actively, encouraging the application of PMO tools and techniques
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience within a similar role within Asset/Fund Management.
- Proven experience as a PMO Analyst
- Experience of using HP PPM or similar tools.
- Good at solving problems / solution orientated.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to produce appropriate MI.
- Thorough understanding of project financial management.
- Proactive in approach and able to use own initiative.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proven planning skills and ability to manage multiple demands to tight deadlines.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Team player.
- Able to encourage PMO governance and embed required routines
Ref: BBBH6501_1501250586 | Published: 28th Jul 2017