A performance data analyst is required by a leading asset management company in the city. This asset management company is one of Europe's largest asset managers and a major global investor, with total assets of circa £730 billion. The asset management company works with a wide range of global clients, including pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds, fund distributors and retail investors.
- The asset management company has identified Data Management as one of its strategic initiatives. Due to career progression we are seeking an experienced Performance and Risk Data Analyst to join the data management office.
- Undertake data management and control tasks for the Performance & Risk team, including validation of data loaded into B-One and ad-hoc index requests
- Comply with procedures and controls within own area of responsibility, recommending improvements where suitable
- Liaise with IT and Operations teams and third party software vendors to ensure data and systems issues are resolved.
- Look for opportunities to extend the service offering across the front office
- To provide an efficient and cost effective service to internal & external clients and management. Such service to be provided on a timely basis and in accordance with agreed service levels
- Undertaking data management and control tasks for the Performance team, with input or guidance from the Manager, including validation of data loaded into B-One.
- Support Ad-Hoc Requests especially around index data, so experience of different benchmark calculation and methodologies, in particular performance related data and attributions.
- To assist with any new developments/ projects to improve efficiency/productivity and raise the profile of the Data Management Office (DMO)
- Manage opportunities to leverage vendor offerings in the market to drive quality, STP, reduce risk and cost
- Educated to at least A level or equivalent
- Experience in performance or risk function within an investment manager
- Performance system experience
- Index vendors and their data
- Organised and structured approach
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Non Development IT exposure
- Good communication and skills
- Degree, preferably in subject with mathematical content
- Investment related qualification
- Understanding of investment manager trade life cycle
- Business analysis & Change Management
- Diverse investment data experience.
- Stakeholder Management