Role: Business/Technical Analyst
Location: Central London
Benefits: £40,000 - £50,000 Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits
My client is hiring a Business/Technical analyst, who has good experience in the Insurance industry. This role sits within the MI/BI team, which is responsible for the production and delivery of reporting, business intelligence and data solutions. They will be working with many functions in the business and liaising with various stakeholders up to the C level. The right candidate will also be expected to have good technical ability, such as SQL.
- Analysis and documentation of business reporting requirements.
- Data and systems analysis of underlying source systems.
- Production and presentation of reporting prototypes.
- Support of existing reporting and BI provision.
- Process definition, implementation and monitoring to ensure appropriate best practices are followed.
- 5 years working in a systems role in an Insurance environment
- 5 years experience working with financial accounting and reporting systems
- Experience of working as a business or technical analyst within the BI/MI sphere
- Ability to understand complex business processes and complex data models
- Strong SQL/PSQL skills to analyse and understand logic and undertake data analysis
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of the principles and methodologies of data warehouse development
- Experience of Data analysis
- Exposure to Cognos and QlikView highly desirable
- Prior experience of an insurance reporting environment is advantageous
- Degree or equivalent experience essential
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certificate (Green Badge)