Globally represent the Market Data Vendor Management team whilst managing the Market Data supply & procurment chain. The team is responsible for the day to day management, governance and reporting of the global market data spend.
Primarily responsible for market data needs.
- Understand the use of data acorss the organisation and Globally.
- Source and manage the on boarding of new indices into the core systems for fund launches
- External data governance: own and communicate contractual restrictions to the relevant parties.
- Develop, implement strategic and commercial initiatives on a global basis to enhance integration and quality of market data.
- Develop functional and commercially strong vendor relationships.
- Evaluate requests for products/services in support of new business requirements/efficiencies.
- Taking into account cost reduction, data quality improvements, optimum value for money, sourcing the most competitive price and obtaining proper authorisation.
- Monitor and manage renewals, review all contracts with any commercial risks identified, mitigated and if possible removed. Undertake analysis into the service usage to establish whether the service is still required, terminated or an alternative explored.
- Negotiate new service contracts for assigned vendors. This will involve high level legal analysis and partnering with internal/external lawyers
- Review existing & new market data contracts to ensure compliance within the terms and conditions. Document and communicate the contract allowances/restrictions
- Stay abreast of market data services available from all vendors including cost and the relative merits, with a view to identifying business opportunities/improving quality of service.
- Ensure vendor records are accurately maintained in INFOmatch.
- On occasion, own relationships & negotiate terms for named IT vendors: specifically UBS Delta & BiSam.
- Build strong relationships with and influence senior internal stakeholders.
- Challenge the Business on market data requirments, coming in on budget.
- Work closely with the Data Programme & the wider DMO to successfully implement change.
- Partner with IT and the business to develop change to the market data acquisition and distribution (maximising data quality and service to end user communities)
- Maintain and report the market data costs, versus the agreed budget. Where applicable seek additional approval for out of budget expense
- Rise to the challenge of any cost saving initiative introduced.
- Navigate forthcoming regulations.
- Ensure we are correctly licenced with external sources minimising the risk for audits.
- Work closely with a number of direct and indirect reports on a global basis: working effectively remotely and across timezones.
- Source and manage the on boarding of new indices into the core system for fund launches
- Manage, monitor and maintain the process for the request of any new market data services within ServiceNow (along with the wider VM team)
- Manage or support the implementation of new market data services
- Establish Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with external parties including the maintenance of vendor scorecards.
- Conduct regular service reviews with suppliers, documenting product road-maps and other relevant vendor information.
- Adhere to the Supplier Management policy
Key/ Distinguishing Features
Experience and Background
- Must have extensive knowledge and demonstrated capability of Market Data suppliers in particular real-time and front office data needs (incl. pricing and reference data knowledge)
- Must have demonstrated on-going savings and/cost avoidance for market data budgets
- External data governance.
- Ability to use own initiative when problem solving
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Good analytical and numeracy skills
Competencies and Characteristics
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience gained within an asset manager working with Market data.
- Proven track record of market data rationalisation opportunies across geographies, time zones and with multiple stakeholders
- Self starter with proven ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Communication: Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build significant customer / stakeholder relationships
- Execution: Must be able to demonstrate the ability to bring to bear experience and expertise to anticipate and deliver.
- Development: Must be able to identify and implement improvements within the Vendor Management processes