Role: Lead Automation Developer
Reports to: Head of Development
Company: Leading Investment Management firm in the City
Working as Lead Developer for a team of automation and technical testers and developers. You will be leading a green field project to design and develop an automated test system. This will include building adapters to the different systems that the ESB integrates to. There will also be an element of automating continues build processes and automation of other processes.
Key duties include:
- Design and develop an automated test system for full integration testing from scratch
- Lead small automation and technical test team (currently 1 person, to be expanded)
- Analyse and automate processes to improve productivity
- Analyse business and system requirements and architecture to determine and build appropriate integration fixtures
- Ensure that the EAI Team Lead and other parties where appropriate, are kept up-to-date with progress and issues.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of writing automated test systems for java applications in a Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) environment. The candidate's technical ability is as important as their communication within a delivery focused team.
Extensive knowledge and proven track record in project delivery using:
- Java programming experience (5+ years)
- Ant, Maven, Continuous Build and Integration and code repositories working knowledge
- SQL, JMS, Web Services, FTP
- Familiarity with contemporary performance, stress and load test tools
- Understanding of SOA, ESB, BPM concepts
- XML, CSV and other data formats and transformations of data
- Test automation experience
- Understanding of systems and architecture (DB's, Servers, Networks etc.)
- Subversion, CVS
- Understanding of rule systems like Drools
- Trace Financial Transformer
- Personable individual with good communication and influencing skills.
- Comfortable with dealing with IT
- Good analytical and written skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and articulate them.
- Attention to detail as well as being able to see the bigger strategic picture.
Get in contact with Jamie ASAP on 0203 405 3521 / firstname.lastname@example.org