A junior application support analyst is required by one of the leading asset management companies in the city. The asset management company ranks among the world's oldest and largest investment management organizations, with circa $1.4 trillion in assets under management.
The application support analyst will be providing advanced production support, incident response and problem resolution for technology products, business applications and services. Furthermore the application support analyst will ensure service transition to include operational readiness for applications. The Primary Business areas supported are Marketing, Publishing, Reporting and Web in Europe and Asia.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Responds to inquiries, requests for information or support, and escalations from operations and/or other technology or business users.
- Responds to task requests or incidents and takes appropriate and necessary action.
- May support project efforts by managing assigned release and/or build requests, to potentially include database requests.
- May support project efforts by validating change requests against production baselines.
- Provides post-implementation and system checkout support for changes to production applications and services.
- Provides information and updates to tasks and incidents in the appropriate systems and knowledge base tools.
- Responds to production incidents and helps resolve and/or escalate in a timely manner.
Coordinates with other technology groups to resolve incidents and problems, as necessary.
- Escalates complex problems to the next level of support as required by documented procedures.
May perform as incident manager to ensure resolution and follow up.
- Participates in incident management calls and problem analysis and cause elimination process(es).
- Depending on the severity of the incident, may perform as incident manager during an incident and coordinates with the incident owner and other support teams.
- Ensures timely communication to the impacted parties during an incident.
- Analyses production incidents after they are resolved and engages in the problem analysis phase to help prevent future incidents.
- Contributes to MIM (Major Incident Management) activities, tasks and meetings.
- Liaises with application development teams to track and incorporate changes to prevent future incidents.
- Develops and/or gathers metrics to assist in problem analysis and resolution.
- Supports efforts to improve system monitoring tools and processes to continually improve the service delivery and support model for CG's end users.
- Identifies and participates in prioritizing technology issues requiring change(s) to application systems.
- Contributes in meetings to discuss and implement improvements and solutions.
- Analyzes application performance to ensure proper capacity & availability.
- Makes recommendations to other teams for allocation of additional resources.
- Supports knowledge management activities by ensuring all related documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Desirable technical skills include - SQL / Unix / Windows 2008 / BMC Remedy / Scripting / Autosys
- Desirable soft skills include - Strong verbal and written communication / Strong team working / An interest in Financial Services
- 15% non-contributory pension
- 2 bonuses (April is personal performance, June is company performance)
- Onsite gym
- 25 days holiday
- Health insurance