Summary of Role
Working as a key Digital Business Analyst as part of the implementation team, in the delivery of an Income Protection Digital Underwriting System.
The role spans the full range of business analyst activity from analysis of business requirements, through estimation and testing, and working closely with developers, to ensure the on-time delivery of system releases to the client.
- Conduct initial / project assessments with stakeholders
- Identify business requirements, and support the translation of requirements through the project lifecycle stages of system design, development, testing, deployment and transition into 'live'. Produce scripting and documentation in support of testing.
- Produce estimates.
- Provide user training (and supporting documentation)
- Analyse and manage issues reported by users.
- Liaise with developers and the business users in the definition and delivery of projects.
- Report to and liaise with the team leader responsible for current assignment.
Key Role Attributes
You MUST have experience in Income Protection Underwriting Systems / Products.
- Demonstrable skills in Business Analysis within Digital Programmes projects involving Straight Through Processing, D2C, B2C, Web Front Ends and any other ecommerce based projects in the UK Life and Pensions Sector
- Have a good understanding of online Underwriting processes for Protection products
- Experience of designing the customer journey, within a rules based process
- Previous implementation life cycle experience of front end systems
- Experience of Agile and ideally using Jira
- Demonstrable ability to configure an application to deliver business functionality using SQL
- A strong analytical aptitude and the ability to understand and manage complex concepts.
Knowledge of the Life & Pensions or Wrap sectors.
- A willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and able to both anticipate and react new trends in the insurance market.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience of working with various development approaches e.g. Waterfall, Agile etc.