Company: Brokerage firm / Buy-side organsiation
Job Title: Head of Application Development & Support
Reporting to: Head of Technology
Location: City of London
A leading financial services firm in the City are looking for a Head of Application Development & Support. This is a very hands on role responsible for the delivery of applications and their integration with other applications within the business. This individual will have a proven track record in managing a team, as the role will be heavily centred on leading a team of developers and business analysts, providing guidance, development and support. The individual will also need an excellent understanding of managing projects and third parties, as well as managing the internal resource capability and applying this to the workload appropriately.
Applications in the business are developed using .Net, C#, HTML, Perl, VBA and Java. The team is looking to become more agile in its approach to software development and the business is currently assessing different solutions to implement this.
The company has just implemented Salesforce as its new CRM system. Moreover, they are also lookinh to develop solutions that improve customer experience using Sitecore and Xamarin. This is to deliver multi-channel solutions to internal users as well as clients with a push towards a mobile first strategy.
This is a growing team with considerable demands from the business due to the portfolio of projects that are currently in flight and in analysis. Application Support and Testing functions also sit within the team.
The role is to manage and make the team more efficient and effective to deliver change but still allowing for the continued operation of business-critical systems in a regulated environment.
- 7 years + experience in technical design and software development
- An understanding of complex business concepts
- Ability to manage third party solutions such as Salesforce
- Experience with integration software (experience of Mulesoft or Jitterbit or similar integration technology would be an advantage)
- Proven track record of managing and developing teams
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to deliver against objectives and SLAs
- Experience within Financial Markets in a complex and highly regulated environment
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft products and architecture including cloud environments like Azure
- A good understanding of waterfall and agile development in addition to practical experience of balancing BAU support with new release development.
Get in contact ASAP on 0203 405 3521 / firstname.lastname@example.org