Head of Change Demand & Delivery - £100,000 - Global Retailer - Hampshire
My client is currently looking for a new Head of Change Demand and Delivery that reports into the CIO of the Digital team. This role is to ensure that the design and development of services continue to meet the business requirements and that they support the desired business outcomes of this global retailer.
The Head of Change Demand and Delivery engages with IT Management for the planning, coordinating and directing of operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance business operations.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To define and maintain the IT roadmap for the Corporate Line of Business, identifying opportunities to maintain a competitive advantage globally, and managing constraints that might present a risk to the achievements of the business outcomes.
- Establish and articulate business requirements for new and changed services.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships and an on-going dialogue between key business stakeholders and the IT function, with a focus on Client Relationship Management, Service Improvement and Delivery.
- To understand, anticipate and influence the business demand for services, to ensure there is sufficient capacity and resources to meet the fluctuating levels of demand, while maintaining a balance between the cost and value of the services.
- To secure appropriate levels of funding to design, develop and deliver services which meet the Global business strategy, whilst maintaining a balance between cost/quality and supply/demand.
- Define and maintain a framework to identify, manage and communication the cost of providing services. (Budgeting & Reporting)
- For defining and agreeing all IT services to be delivered/changed within the agreed line of business function - Retail/Corporate/Supply Chain/Digital
- Oversee and report on the delivery of LOB portfolio of IT change/programmes/projects. Identify and manage cross project dependencies and the critical paths across the portfolio. Work with other "Line Of Business" change delivery managers on cross portfolio resource requirements and dependencies
- Line manage senior demand and delivery roles, supporting recruitment and development of the team(s)
- Drive the delivery teams to make continuous improvements in the development of more effective methodologies and standards
This list of responsibilities is not exclusive and the individual may be required to undertake other activities as may reasonably be expected within the broad scope of the role and in line with their skills and experience.
- Proven senior IT Management experience
- A proven track record of driving and delivering complex IT projects and programmes
- A confident and clear communicator at all levels of the organisation
- Able to influence and negotiate to achieve required outcomes
- Resilient, self-confident and assertive
- Effectively resolving complex and difficult issues and mitigating risks
- Business and customer focused and engaged
Essential skills include
- Experience of planning and delivering complex IT application projects and/or a programme of projects for a specific business area.
- Management of applications development of significant size and complexity.
- Knowledgeable of delivery processes and methodologies
- Experience of budgeting and managing cost centres
- Experience of managing multiple IT disciplines i.e. software development, technical support, systems architecture, project delivery etc.
- A broad understanding of computer systems, applications and operating systems.
- Educated and/or experienced to degree level.
- In depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties
If you belwive you meet the requirements for this role - please contact me directly on 0203 405 3519 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.