The Project Delivery Team is tasked with delivering a range of IT solutions primarily for the Investment and Global Operations function. The team consists of project managers whose job it is to manage IT projects and to control the delivery of enhancements across the Investment IT system architecture.
Operations IT is currently engaged in a series of change initiatives across many disciplines. Large in-flight projects include: an overhaul of operational derivative processing; implementing a new platform to support central clearing of OTC instruments; firm wide adherence to trade reporting regulatory obligations; on-boarding of recent acquisition assets; and platform upgrades to core parts of the architecture. Each of these projects contain elements of both technology change and business process re-engineering alongside significant data capture/cleansing activities.
Successful candidates will ideally have experience delivering (or worked in a team delivering) projects around portfolio accounting, trade processing, derivative operations, operational regulations, performance measurement and client reporting.
Overview of role
- To manage projects to budget and timescales to deliver the agreed functionality using the IT lifecycle, processes and procedures.
- To participate in a defined Programme of work and manage the communication to enable this.
- To liaise with the business units in order to accurately identify business requirements / needs and provide effective solutions in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To manage the translation of these requirements into functional specifications and robust business processes.
- To liaise with external suppliers to ensure effective implementation of 3rd party applications.
- To liaise with developers/dba's to ensure accurate delivery from specification.
- To manage and support the testing and implementation of business initiatives.
- General Experience
- Have a demonstrable track record of project delivery within a middle/back office environment within an Asset Management House.
- Previous exposure to and ability to work well with Investment and Operations personnel.
- Have experience of the full project lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to implementation and ongoing support.
- Project Management
- Prince 2
- Microsoft Project
- Business Areas - detailed knowledge of at least one of:-
- Data Services and Pricing
- Portfolio Accounting
- Trade Processing
- Investment Performance
- Client Reporting
- Derivative Operations
- Packages - in-depth experience of implementing at least one of:-
- Simcorp Dimension
- Any Trade Flow package
- BiSam B-One
- Sungard Intellimatch
- Any Derivative Operations platform
- Personal Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills.
- Strong self-organisation, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude
- Packages - some exposure to any of :-
- Charles River or similar OMS
- Business Areas
- Exposure to project delivery within a front office environment.
- Exposure to and awareness of all of the standard Asset Management back office processes
- Project Management - understanding of:-