A Front office Asset Management Business Analyst with dealing experience is required by a leading Asset management company in the City. The Asset Management company is an independently managed global asset manager with circa £80 billion Assets Under Management.
The Front Office Business Analyst will join the Investment Solutions team which is a team of technical and business analysts whose responsibility is to deliver IT and operational solutions to the investment teams. The team is largely made up of ex-front office professionals with a deep understanding of the buy-side business covering our wide range of investment capabilities. The team are custodians of the front office architecture including systems infrastructure and data. The team perform business requirements gathering, specification generation as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution.
The team prides itself on its agility to deliver high quality solutions efficiently by ensuring projects are small, well defined and have high payoff to the business. Agility also requires us to keep abreast of technological advancements and how they can benefit the front office in terms of superior investment analysis and efficient processing. Successful delivery depends on high internal and active sponsorship from our CIO, capability heads and our team of super-users.
Core task requirements/responsibilities may include:
- Identify, gather, analyse and document business requirements and translate these into technical specifications
- Effectively communicate specifications and proposals to all stakeholders including management, business users and IT developers
- Strong emphasis on delivery and having the ability to run small projects with tangible milestones and delivering against them
- Emphasis on testing and user impact and recognising its importance at the start of the project
- Communicate project progress via required reporting packs.
- Ensure that solutions conform to Enterprise Architectural standards, compliance and IAM standards at all times
- Work with IT in developing and maintaining the core Front Office Systems architecture ensuring all project work conforms
- Assist the Investment Solutions Manager with other initiatives as and when required
- For this particular role we require the successful candidate to have a broad experience of
- Specific to this role, there will be focus on the Application element of the Solutions team, focusing on the Third Party software
For this particular role the successful candidate will need to have a broad experience of:
- The dealing life-cycle from Implementation through to counterparty matching.
- To understand trades status, allocations and merging, dealing rules, counterparty risk, market liquidity, FIX and a wide range of dealing services.
- Good experience with fixed income, FX and swaps.
- A good honours degree or better in a discipline with a high mathematical context, e.g. computation, mathematics, physics or engineering. A higher degree, e.g. masters or doctorate, would be an advantage but isn't essential.
- Preferably 5-10 years Asset Management experience.
- Experience with some of the following applications would be an advantage: Statpro, FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters QA Direct, EMA.
- Experience with an Order Management System such as thinkFolio would be useful.
- A thorough understanding of the development life-cycle, development framework and methodologies and implementation, with particular emphasis on Agile or RAD.
- An understanding of data and systems architecture as it relates to front office with particular emphasis to quantitative processes.
- Knowledge of pricing and valuation methodology across asset classes.
- An excellent knowledge of all asset-classes and the use of derivatives.
- Life-cycle knowledge of investment process through to implementation, compliance, dealing and operations processes including settlement and reconciliation.
- Strong in SQL and to have the ability to pick up other languages.
- Good Excel skills.
- Qlikview and SharePoint development skills would be a bonus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate.
- Ability to see the bigger picture.
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a team and potentially lead IT developers.
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery