Fraud Data Analyst will assist in the detection and prevention of online payment fraud across the various payment methods used, protecting our companies from loss whilst also reporting on chargebacks and fraudulent transactions as well as updating the rules and lists for our fraud prevention systems.
Fraud Data Analyst will spend time investigating suspicious transactions, drawing from a variety of information sources to detect fraudulent activity. You will be involved in identifying emerging fraud trends and patterns as well as aiding in the creation of counter measures to mitigate loss.
Attention to detail and a methodical approach to the job are essential.
Fraud Data Analyst will work closely with WebTIS provider and Retail & Customer Solutions team
Knowledge and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Good understanding of reporting tools
- Ability create and analyse data
- Ability to interrogate data and find trends
- Ability to explain complex issues in a simplified way
- Ability to present information at meetings both internal and external
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work under pressure
- Proven experience of successful partnership working
- Ability to communicate orally with a wide range of people
- Flexible approach to working hours according to the needs of the business