My insurance client are embarking on a period of change and process improvement and experienced project manager with an accountancy background in an insurance business is required to support the CFO in driving the successful completion and taking ownership for the co-ordination, facilitation, and execution of number of projects and initiatives.
The position will report directly into the CFO, supporting finance projects and the finance elements of associated IT systems process improvements.
It is envisaged that the role will initially focus on addressing changes and improvements to finance processes. Secondly, take responsibility for the local finance aspects of a global underwriting and claims system implementation and finally, support other finance initiatives in the pipeline e.g. changes to the general ledger
Essential Job Functions
- Support the CFO in driving change
- Working with the CFO and her direct reports, scope the of project activities
- Assist with the implementation of aligned processes throughout the Group
- Tracking and assisting local Finance teams with roll-out of global finance platforms
- Working with the PMO, create and maintain project plans for the finance projects and provide regular reports and updates as to the status of key milestones
Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of an accountancy role in an insurance business
- Prince 2 or equivalent project management qualifications and experience
- Relevant previous work experience in finance process and system integration
- Familiarity with various finance systems, reporting tools and requirements for an insurance business
- Highly proficient in excel and analysis
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work independently and cross functionally to deliver business-critical projects
- Experience of delivering at the pace required within an environment of competing priorities.