- Support the Asset Risk Control (ARC) data platform month-end support process.
- Duties include running the month process as per the defined run-book, participate on pre and post month-end review meetings ensuring all tasks are appropriately captured, incidents have been raised and have a problem record associated as well as cross-reference to the change team for permanent fix.
- Maintain the integrity of systems/services within the remit by fully investigating all incidents and resolving them in a timely fashion, adhering to IT Service Management principles (ITIL). Ensure all incidents and defects (problems) are accurately recorded and timely updated as per the Incident Management Matrix and SLA.
- Provide technical support and advice to users. Liaise with other IT staff and / or with external providers as required to resolve complex hardware / software problems
- Gate keeper for new code transition into production, including review of ETL and SQL code against standards, and adequate technical documentation for transition into service
- Establish a culture of correcting the problem at source within the support team - ensuring that feedback loops to change initiators and/or business users are closed
- Proactively highlight potential capacity, performance or operational issues and take preventative action where necessary
- Undertake trend analysis, highlighting repeat issues and take responsibility for resolutions.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriately maintained and easily accessible in the knowledge base
- Be part of an out of hours on-call support rota as required. Active out of hours support on month end periods is expected.
- Contribute to technical platform solution design by attending to development meetings
- Develop ETL bug-fixes and small enhancements to existent BAU processes and applications
- Define comprehensive unit and integration tests for all developed code
- ITIL Foundation certificate (preferable but not essential)
- Able to design/develop and support complex ETL processes and identify areas of optimizations
- Must have played ETL support/development role for data-warehousing and reporting marts in a financial services organization
- Experienced in testing, debugging and performance tuning of ETL processes
- Expert SQL, incl stored procedures (ideally PL/SQL), analytical SQL and query tuning
- Understanding of data modelling and logical / physical database design
Essential technical skills / tools:
- Informatica PowerCenter
- Informatica IDQ
- Oracle DBMS (preferably 12c)
- Linux / Unix command line and shell scripting
Secondary tehcnical skills / tools:
- Informatica DVO or other ETL testing tools
- Informatica Metadata Manager
- Business Objects / Tableau reporting tools
- UC4 (Automic) or similar scheduling tools i.e. Control-M.
- Jira / Confluence
- ExaSol DBMS
- Good knowledge of Investment functions for an Institutional Fund Management company. Ideally IMC, or other qualifications or courses demonstrating an interest in the business
- Must have worked in a fund/asset management company as a ETL Support Analyst / Developer / Business Analyst
Competence and Characteristics
- Communication: Be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship: Be able to demonstrate the ability and confidence to engage with and influence senior stake holders
- Attention to Detail: Be able to demonstrate the ability to ensure detailed plans are up to date and followed
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgement on Risks, and accurate understanding through communication of status to wider audience
- Must be able to demonstrate a collaborative approach with other teams
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience in Solvency II projects
- Having played a Business Analyst role within a Data Integration development / change environment
- Informatica Developer 9.x certification
- Oracle DBA certification