Project Manager - Sales, Marketing, Client Reporting - Distribution.
A Senior Project Manager is required by a prestigeous Investment Manager based in te City to work on global projects within its Distribution Function. You will be required to work with Global and Regional Heads of Distribution business units to help define a future Target operating model. The organisation is in a stage where processes and services need to be standardised, streamlined and made more efficient.
The role will form part of the Client Group IT Project Delivery team which is a team of project managers and business analysts whose responsibility is to deliver IT and Operational solutions to the Client Groups and Marketing globally. You will be required to re-engineer and remap business processes as well as deliver strategic chage initiatives.
The team is largely made up of IT professionals with a deep understanding of the asset management business covering its wide range of investment capabilities. The team are responsible for all projects that fall within the Client Group and Marketing. The team perform business requirements gathering, process re-engineering, architecture and design, specification generation as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution.
The team prides itself on its ability to deliver high quality solutions efficiently and effectively by ensuring projects are contained, well defined and have high payoff to the business.
The role also requires individuals to keep abreast of technological advancements and how they can benefit the Client Groups in terms of business development, client service and efficient processing as well as the end to end Marketing process. Successful delivery depends on delivering quality solutions and forming and maintaining good relationships with sponsors, stakeholders and users across both Client Group and Marketing.
Core task requirements/responsibilities may include:
- Take ownership of projects and manage resources and delivery.
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Effectively communicate business specifications to internal IT developers and external IT consultants.
- Understand, enhance and deliver improved business processes.
- Co-ordinate and respond to testing requirements.
- External vendor management.
- Communicate project progress via required reporting packs to varying levels of stakeholders.
- Ensure that solutions conform to Enterprise Architectural standards, compliance and IAM standards at all times.
- Assist the wider Client Group IT team with other initiatives as and when required.
- A thorough understanding of investment industry roles and processes
- A thorough understanding of the project management life cycle
- An understanding of the development life-cycle, development framework methodologies and implementation, with particular emphasis on Agile or RAD
- Demonstrable history of working with other investment industry organisations, external vendors and consultants
- An understanding of data and application architecture
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders in multiple global locations
- An excellent knowledge of Asset Management , Distribution and Marketing
- Experience of working with KeyedIn or similar project management tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both verbal and written
- Able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong problem solving ability/logical thinker and highly numerate
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Must be organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive
- Able to work in a team and potentially lead BAs and IT developers
- A passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics includes the following key policies: Management of Conflicts of Interest, Treating Clients Fairly, Confidentiality of Client and Business Information, Handling of Inside Information, Personal Account Dealing, Disclosure of Outside Interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
- Adhering to the conflicts of interest and confidentiality policies and advising Compliance of any possible issues.
- Being alert to possible and actual breaches of procedures and regulators rules and reporting them to the line manager and Compliance, and where applicable to Operational Risk.
- Ensuring that all significant roles and responsibilities, including for oversight of outsourced functions or third party service providers, are contained within the job description and any changes agreed with the line manager each year.
- Maintaining client confidentiality, and ensuring that client data is protected, encrypted, transported securely and is stored away each evening and if sensitive information, that it is locked away.
- Ensuring keeping up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to job responsibilities, to avoid operational losses / Operational Risk events from crystallizing.
Ref: BBBH6015_1498492834 | Published: 26th Jun 2017