Product and Distribution Business Analyst
Target Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Minimum 3 months
Reporting to: MIFID II Programme Lead
MIFID II introduces substantial changes across a number of areas such as product governance, transparency, inducements, governance and investor protection that will have significant impact on the Product Governance and Distribution operating model. My client will need to asses current environment, define changes and implement a new operating model that meet business demands as well regulatory obligations.
The Product & Distribution Business Analyst / PM will be responsible for defining, managing and implementing changes related to the Distribution operating model as a result of MIFID II and related regulatory initiatives.
The candidate will:
- Act as point person for all defined activities in the scope of work including remediation of current business relationships, definition of target operating model and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Use domain knowledge and experience to as a Business Analyst to elicit requirements and where relevant to suggest improvements and efficiencies.
- Collaborate with key teams such as Sales Support, Product Development, Compliance, Legal and Sales to define new requirements, solutions and implementation activities related to target operating model
- Work together with overall MIFID II project to ensure target operating model complies with related MIFID II requirements that such as record keeping, conflict of interest and inducements.
Skills / Experience required
- Strong working knowledge of product governance and distribution operations such as
- Understanding the Product lifecycle
- On boarding, managing, closing and maintaining distribution relationships
- Distribution due diligence
- Dealing with wholesale clients, insurance firms, IFA's
- Dealing with sharing of information between 3rd parties and platforms
- Fund and investment product launches
- Hands on experience in developing key analysis tools such as use cases, business process models, decision models etc.