You will work within the Data & Insights Technology team, but will be focussed on analytics for the Digital division's domain, interacting with the head of this team & the Chief Digital Officer.
This role is responsible for:
* Crafting and implementing analytics tools to support Digital, identifying and implementing critical metrics that measure engagement, growth and retention across the digital estate.
* Delivering continuous user insights to the organisation enabling decision makers to better empathise and understand user behaviour and their service experience.
* Ensure timely sharing of insights with the business through an Agile-aligned process, through hypothesis generation, experimentation & continual learning.
* Stitch together metrics across multiple touch points to generate a coherent holistic picture of digital effectiveness and user-journeys.
* Conduct occasional desk research to identify trends in user behaviour within the business to feed into the insights generation process.
* Experienced in analytics within the Digital domain, both with external and internal apps.
* Able to hypothesise, experiment and test assumptions, and uncover insights in structured and unstructured data, and will be able to demonstrate how these have impacted the business.
* Technical, hands on - with strong data skills, typically SQL, but with good familiarity with structured data and awareness of the constraints and challenges of unstructured data.
* Hands on experience with visualisation tools and have used of industry standard visualisation tools like Tableau/Qlik/Spotfire - more advanced libraries like D3.js a big plus.
* Are a good communicator, able to articulate findings, and recommend practical approaches to digital analytics.
* Familiar with agile methodologies - Scrum, Kanban etc.
* Used to preparing data from a wide variety of sources to build a cohesive picture.
* Have an eye for detail but able to distil complex data into clear insights that will inspire change
* Collaborative - happy to work with the wider team to disseminate knowledge and skills - playing a mentorship role with less experienced colleagues.
* Innovative - someone who gets to the heart of a requirement and can suggest novel ways to orchestrate solutions that delight the end user.
* Design thinking oriented- You understand that the service we offer is the sum of many interactions across many tools, and have go-to strategies for ensuring the digital service is a single, cohesive experience.
* Experience with Hadoop or Spark, or similar for unstructured data.
* Good general purpose programming skills - scripting etc to augment the preparation of data for insight.
NO INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED