For a brand new Analytics department being set up within one of our global clients in the heart of Munich, we are currently searching for multiple Data Scientists.
The ideal Data Scientist will be a highly trained and motivated team player who specializes in creating innovative solutions by taking novel machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies and algorithms and applying them to specific business use cases. The perfect candidate will have deep interest in statistics, computer science, applied machine learning and high ethical data science standards.
- Collaborate with Research Scientists and Analytic Solution Designers to formulate innovative analytical solutions to specific business use cases / customer journeys
- Design, develop, validate and maintain advanced analytical solutions (tools, models, algorithms) to solve concrete business problems or support customer journeys by leveraging the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms and technologies
- Assure that solutions are scalable / customized to allow their roll-out across multiple operating entities or lines of business
- Define the data delivery requirements for specific business use cases; collaborate with team to assure that the required data is up-to-date, complete and properly pre-processed
- Work with and manipulate massive, heterogeneous and highly complex data sets using standard Big Data tools to find answers to business problems
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization.
- Support deployment of solutions for specific business use cases at operating entities
Desired qualification and experience:
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, actuarial science, business informatics, physics, or other quantitative fields
- Expert knowledge in data science (e.g. predictive / prescriptive analytics, algorithm design and execution, applied machine learning, statistical modeling, data visualization)
- Strong knowledge in data mining and machine learning algorithms as well as visualization tools (e.g. classification, clustering, regressions, feature selection, random forest, artificial neural networks, rule-based expert systems, Weka, Tableau)
- Expert knowledge in working with statistical tools or packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, MATLAB, RapidMiner, Scikit)
- Strong programming skills that allow one to be self-sufficient in handling data (e.g. Python, SQL, Spark, Scala, Java)
- High energy, entrepreneurial and collaborative team player
- Eager to learn new things
- Keen interest in creating business impact and change in a large and complex corporate environment
- Passionate about digital transformation
For consideration please send us your CV as well as any supporting documents and salary expectations to email@example.com and we will be in touch for an initial discussion. Feel free to call me on +49 (0)89 2109 3906 for more information.
Ref: BH5335 | Published: 16th Sep 2016