Data Integration Build and Release Engineer
My client are looking for an ETL / SQL build and release engineer to join one of their Data Warehousing platform teams. The aim is to help an in-house development team optimise their throughput and route to production by taking ownership of software builds and deployments, the monitoring of code branching / merging as well as management of development and test environments.
A typical build package is made up of artefacts of the following techncial artefacts: Informatica Powercenter and IDQ workflows, Oracle SQL scripts (schema changes, index rebuilds, stored procedures), UC4 / Automic scheduled file transfer scripts, Business Objects reports, linux scripts.
This is a hands-on, technical role, requiring considerable expertise with software development tools in the data integration / data warehousing space.
Key Corporate Relationships:
- Platform Development Team
- QA Testers
- Database Administrators
- Production Support staff
- Change Management and Environment Management teams
Experience and Background
Desired skills :
- Familiarity with Informatica ETL tools (Powercenter and IDQ)
- SQL scripts (e.g. using Oracle DBMS)
- Automic / UC4 (or comparable enterprise scheduler / file transfer tool)
- scripting skills
- svn (or comparable version control software)
- plus one ore more of the following:
- Experience of automated regression testing (e.g. using Informatica DVO or Fitnesse)
- Business Objects
- Experience of continuos intergration tooling, e.g. Jenkins
- Experience in various software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative and waterfall)
- Demonstrate an understanding of current DevOps principles and practices