A Data Architect is required by a leading Asset Management company in the City. The Data Architect will join a team creating and defining high quality enterprise wide assets aligned to the companies Data Strategy. These include capabilities, standards, principles, metadata, modelling, interfaces and governance.
The companies IT team have embarked upon a long term Data Strategy programme of work dedicated to providing solutions surrounding the management, integration and reporting of LGIM Core corporate data sets.
The Data Architecture Team supporting this programme are responsible for:
- Create and maintain Data Models - conceptual, logical and canonical
- Perform data profiling, gap analysis and impact assessment
- Write and maintain interface specifications
- Maintain the Data Dictionary and Enterprise Model
- Help define principles and patterns
- Help define the Data Road Map
- Define transitional states to achieving target vision
- Govern against a set of principles and standards
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- Exposure to Asset Management or a Financial Services company, with a good level of understanding of business processes.
- Knowledge of financial instruments like Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives (Exchange Traded and OTC) is beneficial
- Working on and delivering large scale data solutions.
- Experience of Master Data Management
- Appreciation of current technologies and trends in the industry.
- Able to work in an Agile or Waterfall environment.
- Practical experience of using Erwin, Enterprise Architect, JIRA, Confluence, XML Spy, UML.
- Appreciation of ETL and ELT methods and tools.
- Must have a working understanding of SOA and ToGAF.
In addition to the business and technical skills the candidate must have the following personal qualities;
- Determined and self-motivated; prepared to take appropriate steps to ensure a successful outcome of their work.
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal); must be able to build solid working relationships.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to persuade and influence decisions