The role will involve working within the insurance team in London with a specific focus on insurance (life, non-life, Lloyd's and specialty). The team is responsible for compiling the leading cost benchmark for the insurance Industry - covering headcount, expenses, business statistics, organisational structure & design.
The successful candidate will:
- Build up an in-depth knowledge of insurers' operating model.
- Have the opportunity to move into either a more client facing role or to build up technical skills.
- Gain exposure to and build relationships within the insurance industry and within the organisations different constituents.
The main areas of responsibility will be:
- Working with finance controllers/teams and directors of various insurers to review the cost, headcount, and revenue data.
- Mapping cost, headcount, and revenue data onto the standard insurance structure.
- Delivering the insurance results to strict deadlines to the relevant support group heads (IT, Operations, Finance, Risk, and HR etc.) within insurers.
- Working with members of the team and client contacts to present results and draw conclusions.
- Producing bespoke reports through the manipulation & analysis of data using bespoke software and presentation tools.
- Improve the product and build the business.
Experience & Skills
- Numerate. Qualified Accountant or, BSc in Mathematics, Engineering, Accountancy or equivalent.
- Microsoft Office skills; advanced Excel and intermediate PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of insurance accounting and/or the key performance measures used by the industry.
- Data analysis and presentation.
Please get in touch ASAP on 0203 405 3516 or firstname.lastname@example.org