COGNOS BI SPECIALIST - CITY OF LONDON - INSURANCE - £55,000
My client are a leading Underwriter based in the City of London who are massively well regarded in the Market as a leader in Specialty Risk.
They are seeking a BI professional with strong Cognos experience to join their team, which itself is a Cognos Excellence team. You will be working in a high performance environment which is receiving massive levels of investment into analytics and a large data transformation is underway.
* Demonstrable experience (5+ years) using Cognos 10.x BI studios (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Workspace Advanced, Workspace, Event Studio) to develop solutions
* Demonstrable experience developing metadata models using Framework Manager
* Demonstrable experience developing multi-dimensional metadata models using Transformer
* Demonstrable Transact SQL knowledge
* Demonstrable MDX knowledge
* Understanding of dimensional modelling concepts and Kimball methodology
* Understanding of techniques to effectively communicate information visually
* Educated to degree level (non graduates with demonstrable relevant experience would be considered);
* A confident communicator with demonstrable communication skills both oral and written
* A self-motivated individual and effective team worker
* Ability to prioritise work and work effectively and accurately under pressure, ensuring that deadlines are met
* Willingness to pick up new skills where required