C# .Net Application Developer - City of London - £60,000 - £65,000
Global provider of market leading insurance services are seeking an experienced application developer who will be responsible for the building, maintaining and supporting of IT systems and service as well as playing a key role in the delivery of the IT Strategy.
The role is within the Application Development Team working on a number of initiatives ranging from policy administration systems to new digital services. The role will initially focus on .NET applications with the aim in time to branch into the delivery of new digital services working with external consultants and suppliers.
Application Developers play an important part in making the varied businesses more efficient and helping them provide a better service to their customers. You will be:
- Designing and developing software based solutions on requirements that you have gathered yourself, been supplied with from a third party or from a specification provided to you
- Working with 'off the shelf' products, modifying it where permitted and integrating it into the existing architecture
- Delivering appropriate solutions that are proportionate to the business need
- Supporting IT systems and other business processes
- Using your technical skills and systems knowledge to diagnose problems and recommend appropriate solutions before they are actioned and released.
Responsibilities also include producing detailed specifications and writing the program code, working closely with Business Analysts and Technical Architects and recommending ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals and benefits.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of VB/C# .Net, WPF & WCF and the ability to understand complex problems and explain in both technical and non-technical language
So if you are interested in playing a big part in an exciting time of change within an established organisation then this could be the opportunity for you.