The Business Application Manager is the technical owner for applications within the business and responsible for the full application life cycle. Two of the key aspects to this role are effective people leadership and good stakeholder management - working effectively with the business to deliver change and improvement to the applications and service.
- As a technical owner, contribute to the on-going evolution and implementation of an effective Group IT strategy.
- Work with the relevant internal (Business & IT) and external (Vendor, Consultancy) teams to investigate technology developments that could be exploited in order to deliver tangible business value.
Business application ownership
- Work with the Business Owners, HoITs and Architecture function to define and then help deliver a pragmatic roadmap for key applications that supports the stated business goals and is aligned with the Group-wide architecture roadmap.
- Work closely with the HoITs, Portfolio Managers, BAMs and Business Reps define a portfolio of change for key applications.
- Build and manage a change and support service appropriate to the demand, quality requirements and budget appetite of the Business. Ensure the service remains fit for purpose in line with changing business needs.
- Define and deploy sufficient fit for purpose resources (e.g. environments, tools) and skills (both people and 3rdparty services) to the change and support service.
- Define and implement fit for purpose methodologies/processes to deliver effective change and support - from initial estimation through to post implementation support.
- Effectively manage the 3rdparty relationships involved in the change and support services according to the business' vendor management practice. Ensure the services provided are fit for purpose and represent good value for money.
- Responsible for delivering a change service for applications to the business & IT teams which meets agreed quality, time and budget KPI's.
- For certain applications, responsible for managing application change portfolios to time, quality and budget.
- Responsible for delivering an operational service for applications to the business which meets agreed KPI's and within budget.
- Proactively review operational service to ensure there is a good balance between service levels provided and the cost of the service.
- Manage application housekeeping/service improvements to ensure operational service is maintained or improved.