Business Analyst - Regulatory Change - Investment Management
Business Analyst is required by a Investment Manager to support the Head of Change Management by ensuring key project requirements are documented, prioritised and understood by key stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Initial work is on a regulatory change programme.
- To work with project managers to ensure business requirements are documented and appropriately understood.
- At the direction of the project manager liaise with key stakeholders and organise and chair meetings to gather requirements and explain/communicate key findings.
- To liaise with technical teams to ensure business requirements are understood and communicated.
Main Duties / Tasks:
- To attend and provide input to sprint planning and retrospective meetings as required by the project manager.
- To liaise with and to challenge Project Managers to ensure assigned projects are appropriately planned and monitored from a schedule, risk, issue, dependency, supplier and benefits realisation perspective.
- To raise risks, issues and dependencies to the project manager in a timely manner.
- To ensure the projects and working practices comply with internal Change governance procedures and controls
- To actively contribute to the BA practice (and other practices) to ensure Internal Project Standards and Change Governance Procedures and Controls are 'fit for purpose' and be prepared to review and revise as needed and Change team objectives/skills are 'fit for purpose' and be prepared to review and revise as needed.
- Act as a Change Business Partner, Project Manager or Manage Programme Workstreams as and when requested by the Head of Change Management.
- Reside on Project working groups and provide input as required.
- Manage BAs as and when requested by the Head of Change Management
- Lead the BA practice as and when requested by the Head of Change Management
- Liaise and Manage Suppliers as directed by the needs of the project
- Liaise with Internal and External audit functions as directed by audit Terms of Reference
- Ensure you are a champion of Change governance procedures and controls
- Ensure you have a Personal Development Plan maintained and readily available.
- Ensure your personal objectives are agreed with your immediate line manager and are regularly reviewed
- Excellent administrative and time management skills.
- Well organised and detail orientated.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Flexible, self-motivated and proactive with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Quick learner with the ability to multi-task.
- IT skills: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project and MS Visio and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/WDX, Figaro, BITA an advantage.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Appropriate academic qualifications. Ideally educated to degree, or equivalent, level.
- Significant Business Analysis experience of working within an FCA regulated organisation.
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate deliverables.