A design authority business analayst is required by a leading asset management company in central London. The design authority business analyst will work with project teams to review requirements of business users to deliver identify solution (operating model, IT architecture & control framework) which will delivery the agreed business outcomes of the Transformation Portfolios of the company.
They will analyse and identify solutions to satisfy business requirements - including software evaluation/selection and evaluation of changes to systems, organisation, business process and individual roles and responsibilities as well as contribute to the delivery of projects within the agreed time, cost, quality and benefit realisation objectives. Where appropriate, they will also manage small to medium projects/initiatives
Duties will include:
- Delivery/oversight of solution design (operating model, IT architecture and controls framework) components of projects to successful outcomes
- Responsible for analysis, solution design and quality assurance to support delivery quality and business benefit realisation
- Responsible for ongoing assessment of requirements to ensure the delivered solution meets the stated requirements
- Responsible for business analysis and acceptance testing as within defined Global Delivery Lifecycle
- Support and help optimise use of defined Global Delivery Lifecycle
- Responsible for communication of the status of deliverables, key issues, risks & dependencies
- Responsible for escalation to the Project/Programme Manager/Design Authority Lead manager any issues that are causing significant risk to a successful project delivery
- Manage relationships across all interested parties to ensure delivered solution satisfies the stated requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good financial services experience ideally including investment management organisations
- Good understanding of the investment management business, fund structures and processes
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment the investment management business operates within.
- Strong Business Analysis skills
- Effective stakeholder management including senior managers, and ability to work well with others at all levels
- Fully competent in the use of MS Office applications and other project tools and methodologies
- Ideally process improvement skills
- Strong understanding of financial control principles as they apply to projects
- In depth experience of business analysis including business process change and technology change
- Experienced in direct interaction with business users and their processes, analysis of organisational change, documentation and development of new and changed business processes
- Adaptability - in particular to manage and deliver change in the context of an evolving and changing organisation, addressing the ambiguity and conflicting demands that may result
- An understanding of the UK asset management industry with experience of working with users from the front and back office environments
- Logical, structured thought processes
- Problem solving ability
- Relationship management skills and an ability to engage with and gain confidence of others
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal
We offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave.
The company is a global asset management business dedicated to delivering investment outcomes that are central to the wellbeing and success of customers. They are wholly owned by a leading UK insurer, with strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada.
The company has assets under management of around £300 billion across a range of funds. Their clients range from large corporate and institutional investors including pension schemes and local government organisations to wealth managers and individual investors. They have employees in 16 countries, so their investment professionals are well-placed to understand the complexities of local markets.